9 Business/Sales Ideas Stolen From Baseball
With baseball season upon us, I thought I'd share nine business/sales ideas stolen from baseball. (In fact, I stole these myself [with permission, of course] - thanks, Dean Langfitt - @SandlerDean)
These ideas can be equally effective in both sales and running a business in general.
I'm not a huge baseball fan myself (although I do enjoy a cold $13 beer a Progressive Field as much as the next guy), but the takeaway from these points are just as important, whether you know every stat on the players or not:
- You can't hit a home run without swinging for the fences.
- The best aren't afraid to get their uniforms dirty.
- Measure everything (that matters).
- It's more about the team than one superstar.
- Don't go down looking.
- Keep your eye on the ball.
- Hit 'em where they ain't.
- Be ready for the curve ball.
- Talent wins games; team chemistry wins championships.
What about you?
What wisdom have you gained from the game of baseball (or any other sport)?