These ideas can be equally effective in both sales and running a business in general.
I'm not a huge baseball fan myself (although I do enjoy a cold $13 beer a Progressive Field as much as the next guy), but the takeaway from these points are just as important, whether you know every stat on the players or not.
1. You can't hit a home run without swinging for the fences.
2. The best aren't afraid to get their uniforms dirty.
3. Measure everything (that matters).
4. It's more about the team than one superstar.
5. Don't go down looking.
6. Keep your eye on the ball.
7. Hit 'em where they ain't.
8. Be ready for the curve ball.
9. Talent wins games; team chemistry wins championships.
What about you?
What wisdom have you gained from the game of baseball (or any other sport)?